The Audio Technica AT4040 Externally Polarised Condenser Mic Inc Shock Mount is a marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration. The AT4040 features an advanced large diaphragm, tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics.
Designed as a multi-purpose performer, this externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser microphone offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high SPL capability for greatest versatility.
Being symmetrical and transformerless the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with Audio-Technica's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad